Equipped with many of SHOEI’s top features while keeping functionality efficient and to the point, the all-new RYD is anything but “entry level”. Boasting a compact, aerodynamic shell design along with sharp and aggressive styling, the RYD has a progressive look all of its own. Exceptional airflow, an advanced shield system, and a fully removable liner allow the RYD to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort is your jam. The RYD–Streamlined functionality and affordability with premium SHOEI quality.
Aerodynamic Shell Design:
- Aerodynamic properties maximized through extensive wind tunnel and feedback from professional riders
- Dual-Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and six EPS liner sizes increase fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Two upper air intake vents are positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior; hot air is exhausted through top outlet for a more comfortable ride
- Lower intake vent absorbs air exhaled from the mouth to help eliminate shield fogging
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix (AIM):
- Organic fibre and multi-composite fibre in various layers for a shock-absorbent shell with optimum rigidity.
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning, center and cheek pads can be replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Extra comfort provided by removable ear pads and chin curtain.
- Standard chin strap clip neatly secures chin strap
CWR-1 Shield and QR-E System:
- CWR-1 shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
- Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock pins and EVO fog resistant lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning of the base plate for easy shield adjustments
- QR-E closure system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation, and provides an air-tight seal intended to significantly minimize wind noise